Friday 17 April 2015

Scrumptious Steak

A couple of days ago I decided I was going to some more cooking so I could become more confident with it. I then decided I was going to make tea for me and my mum. We had steak with a jacket potato and some peas and carrots (raw carrots).

You need:
  • Steak
  • Pepper (optional)
  • Jacket potato (or try: rice, cous cous or chips)
  • Vegetables
My tips
  • Remember to turn the steak over or one side will burn
  • Make sure the steak is under the heat of the grill (a mistake I made)
  • Remember that the peas will only start cooking when the water they are in is boiling
My review
Me and mum both thought that the meal was really good for a first go. It tasted so nice! It wasn't as hard as I had expected it to be and it was really fun. My favourite part of making the meal was bashing the steak with a rolling pin to tenderise the meat. I was a little scared of putting stuff in the oven because of the fear I was going to touch a part of it and burn myself (it doesn't help that I'm a little clumsy sometimes). Making the food was overall quite boring because there was a lot of waiting around to do when stuff was cooking. Although there were a few mishaps, I ended up with a very nice plate of food that I thoroughly enjoyed.

Check out my next post to see what I had for pudding.

No comments:

Post a Comment