Monday 15 February 2016

Marvellous Marshmallows


I've made marshmallows only once and I had a lot of help. My mum practically did it. So it was quite
a big job for me to do it by myself, but I did. It was really fun and not as hard as I thought it would be. I got the recipe from the book 'Marshmallows Made Marvellous' which my mum got sent a while ago. You can find her blog at Love Chic Living.



Ingredients:


  • Sunflower oil, for greasing
  • 1 tbsp Cornflour
  • 1 tbsp Sugar
  • 200ml Cold water
  • 450g Granulated sugar
  • 100ml Hot water
  • 25g Powdered gelatine
  • 2 Large egg whites
  • 1 tsp Vanilla extract

Top tips:
  • You might want to have some things prepared before you boil your syrup, because there isn't much time to do it.
  • When you whisk in the vanilla, do it thoroughly, because even though it looks mixed in, it probably won't be.
My review:
Well I made these a while ago so I'll try my best to remember them. I made these more by myself this time with only a little help from my dad when there was some tricky multitasking to be done. They actually turned out better than last time because we realised we had to coat the entire things in the powdery mixture. They tasted better as well. They were really light and were so much nicer than the really gooey shop bought ones. At the point I made them it was Christmas so we had some hot chocolate and ended up dipping them in it. Absolutely delicious! Also, they lasted ages so I actually threw them away not long ago. I'll definitely be making a different flavour at some point. The Bourbon and Brown Sugar Marshmallows look amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment