Thursday 7 April 2016

Tuna Paté

So the first thing I made in my food technology class was tuna paté. I practised it at home so I knew what I was doing at school. In the lesson it went really well and I didn't encounter any problems. Sorry, but I don't have a photo of this one.

Ingredients:

  • 130g Tinned tuna/Smoked mackerel/Salmon/400g Tinned chickpeas
  • 75g Cream cheese
  • 1 tsp Lemon juice or rind
  • 1 Clove garlic
  • Salt and pepper
Vegetable batons
Choose 2 from:
  • 2 Slices wholemeal bread for melba toast
  • 1-2 Carrots
  • 1 Pepper
  • 1/2 Cucumber
As the method is really short I'm going to write it down here:
  1. In a large bowl, mash fish or chickpeas with a fork.
  2. Beat in the cream cheese and mix thoroughly.
  3. Add the lemon, garlic and seasoning. 
  4. Prepare the vegetable batons. Serve as a dip or use as a spread for sandwiches.
  5. Make melba toast be cutting of the crusts from the bread. Roll flat using a rolling pin. Place under a grill and lightly brown on both sides or put it in the toaster.
My tips:
  • If you are using chickpeas, make sure to blend them in a blender because they are too hard to just mash with a fork.
  • Using lemon rind instead of juice will give a stronger taste.
  • If toasting the bread for melba toast, be careful or it can easily get trapped in the toaster because it's so thin.
My review:
So it went really well when I made it at school. It wasn't a particularly hard as you don't have to use an oven or any heat. All you really do is mix simple ingredients in a bowl. But you do have to do it properly or it won't turn out right and won't taste very nice. Luckily, nothing went wrong and it was a very smooth make in school. The finished product tasted really good especially with the vegetable batons and the melba toast. It also looked really good even in a plastic box. As long as you put it in the fridge as soon as it's made it will keep long enough for you to eat it. Unfortunately, I kind of forgot about it so it didn't really get eaten. But, overall it was a really good make!

No comments:

Post a Comment