Thursday 29 October 2015

Tuna Pasta Bake

The finished product

I made this quite a while but never got around to putting a post up for it because of all the stuff that was going on. I wanted to advance my cooking skills a little bit more (trust me, I'm not very good) so I decided to go for something slightly different that my family doesn't really eat that much.

Ingredients:
  • Pasta
  • Tin of tuna
  • Cheese
  • Onion
  • Tin of tomato
  • Tomato puree
  • Seasoning
  • Herbs (optional)
My tips:
  • Use about three toothpaste sized blobs when you add the tomato puree.
  • Make sure you drain the tuna completely. You don't want any juice left in the tuna.
 
The sauce and pasta are cooking away!

My review:
I really loved cooking this as it wasn't super tricky yet not super easy. My mum did help me a bit because it was my first time making it and like my third time cooking a proper meal. It is also a good meal because they're quite simple ingredients that a lot of people might find in their house (except for the tuna maybe but you can make a chicken pasta bake). Making the sauce is the main part and it's pretty simple. I just found chopping the onion hard and putting it in the pan because I didn't want to get burnt when the oil sprayed up at me. The meal overall does take a long time because it's quite a long cooking time! The finished meal was absolutely delicious and I'm looking forward to cooking it again for my whole family. When I made it this time my dad wasn't at home.

Just about to pop in the oven but adding finishing touches.

No comments:

Post a Comment