Wednesday 6 May 2015

Crumbly Cupcakes

mmm...

There was a cake sale at my school a few days ago to support the Nepal earthquake. I decided to make some little cupcakes for people to buy and eat. I also wonder why I've never put some of the simplest things to bake on my blog.
Ingredients:
  • 4 oz soft margarine
  • 4 oz caster sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 4 oz self-raising flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
For the icing:
  • 2 tbsp cocoa
  • 3 tbsp hot water
  • 6 oz butter, softened
  • 12 oz icing sugar, sifted

My tips:
  • Before you add the icing sugar for the icing, soften the butter in the bowl a little to make it easier to make into buttercream.
  • When you are making the icing, make sure you have a big enough bowl (I didn't).
My review
This recipe was from Mary Berry so there pretty much no doubt that it wasn't going to be good. It was very quick and simple so it didn't take me that long which I liked. Sometimes recipes go on and on and you just want to get them over with. But not the cupcakes! They were delicious. Even though they were for a cake sale I still had a bit of one (and one at the cake sale). My sister helped me make the icing which I didn't really want at first, but it was ok in the end. I would definitely make these again. I loved them.

No comments:

Post a Comment