Sunday 12 June 2016

Rock Cakes

Hiya! Sorry I haven't posted for a while. I've been really busy with stuff. So quite a while ago, in my cooking class, I made some rock buns. They turned out really nicely and I can't tell you how nice they were. It's a simple and easy recipe that anyone could throw together. You might want to double it as it only makes about 6.

Ingredients:
  • 150g Self raising flour
  • 75g Margarine
  • 75g Sugar
  • 1 Egg
  • 50 Dried fruit (like raisins or cranberries)
Method:
  1. Preheat the oven to gas mark 7 or 210 electric.
  2. Grease the baking tray with oil or margarine.
  3. Sieve the flour into a mixing bowl and the sugar.
  4. Add the margarine. Rub it in until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
  5. Add the fruit.
  6. Beat the egg, and add to the mixture. Stir with a fork. (I like to use a wooden spoon)
  7. Put small heaps onto the baking tray.
  8. Cook for about 15 minutes.
My tips:
  • Try not to round the balls of the mixture. Keep them rough so they look like rocks.
  • Add a range of dried fruits, not just one. Shops usually sell 'Dried Mixed Fruit'.
My review:
This was a relatively easy recipe and I always make things like this so I didn't find hard. I did practise this one at home and they turned out better at school than they did at home. The taste of them was absolutely amazing! They were really soft and sweet but they probably could have been a bit more crumbly than they were. If I were to make this again, I would double the recipe so the pleasure of eating them could last for longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment